Oct 6, 2022
Dr Michael Donnino is the
founder/director of the Psychophysiologic Research Group, and the
first person in the country to complete a residency/fellowship
program leading to board certification in internal medicine,
emergency medicine, and critical care.
Liz Wallenstein is a licensed mental health counselor who has
trained in, among other areas, the methodology of ‘TMS Mind
Liz and Dr Michael join the show to discuss the profound influence
of Dr John Sarno on their lives, and the potentially
transformational power of ‘Mind-Body’ therapies.
- Introductions to Dr.
- The relationship between our
emotional and physical reactions
- Reasons to be
- Emotions and
- A response to the
- The societal costs of chronic
- Mental health: moving beyond
- Long COVID and mind-body
- The future of psychophysiological
- What does the medical community
think of mind-body syndrome?
- Doing the inner work that’s
needed to heal
- The future of mind-body
- The importance of
- Your Body Keeps the Score: Brain,
Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma; by Bessel van der
- Molecules of Emotion: The Science
Behind Mind-Body Medicine; by Candace Pert
- Healing Back Pain; by John E.
- The Screwtape Letters; by C.S.
- The Status Game: On Human Life
and How to Play It; by Will Storr
- The Great Pain Deception: Faulty
Medical Advice Is Making Us Worse; by Steve Ozanich
- Anatomy of an Illness: As
Perceived by the Patient; by Norman Cousins